Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 8- Hummus Turkey Spinach Wrap (Tomorrow for Lunch)

I usually pack my lunch the night before, so that I have more time to get ready in the morning. This week I was getting a little tired of my classic go-to lunch of a turkey sandwich and apple slices. A few nights ago I decided to get a little more creative with my brown bag lunches and come up with a new twist on my classic favorite. It was so yummy that I've packed it for lunch every day this week.

Hummus Turkey Spinach Wrap
1 Tortilla (pictured: Mission Whole Wheat Tortillas)
Hummus (We picked up some homemade hummus in Anaheim last week; A delicious addition!)
Baby Spinach Leaves
2 Slice of Deli Sliced Turkey
Seasoning (I chose Dried Onion, Parsley Flakes, and a bit of Oregano)

Spread hummus across the tortilla and sprinkle with preferred spices. Top with baby spinach and turkey. (I layer the spinach first; It seems to keep everything from becoming too soggy). Beginning at one end, tightly roll the tortilla. Cut into halves or thirds. Place in a Ziploc bag and throw it into the refrigerator-In the morning, you have an easy grab-n-go lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment