Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 19-Taco Soup w/Turkey

I've made this several times, but had not thought to blog it until now. I guess I assumed it was too similar to the other soups I had blogged about in the past. I was definitely holding out on everyone because this is definitely my favorite soup of them all. I've made this soup so many times I guess it never occurred to me to blog about it. I begged my mom for this recipe as soon as I left the house. I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe. It's absolutely delicious, healthy, quick, and hearty enough to satisfy a man's appetite.
Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1onion, chopped
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 cup water
2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes w/green chiles
2 15oz cans pinto beans
1 15oz can black beans
1 15oz can cream-style corn

Brown beef with onions in a medium-size soup pot. Drain excess grease. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment