Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 6-Sweet and Spicy Peanut Butter-Glazed Chicken Tenders

I have a peanut butter problem. 

While most people like peanut butter, I take the adoration of this savory spread to another level. Take my birthday for example. Last year I received The Big Six + Cookbook by Peanut Butter and Co. as a gift. Most people would simply smile and say thank you. I, on the other hand, was stoked. It was the most exciting, most thoughtful gift ever. (Thanks Aunt Cindy!)

The Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook contains a plethora of PB recipes, from breakfasts and cookies, to appetizers and main courses. As much as I love peanut butter, I had never considered cooking with it. Baking, yes, but cooking? At first I was apprehensive, but it didn't take long for the idea to sink it. It is peanut butter, after all. It has to be good. 

Fun fact: I ate peanut butter pizza once when I was in grade school. 
...and I liked it. 


Sweet and Spicy Peanut Butter-Glazed Chicken Tenders
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup The Heat is On peanut butter (If you don't have this, you can also combine 1 cup of natural peanut butter with 1 tsp crushed red pepper and 1 tsp cayenne or hot sauce)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with aluminum foil. 
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the honey, peanut butter, an butter until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Do not let the glaze boil. Remove from the heat.
3. Dip the chicken strips in the glaze, coating well on both sizes. Reserve the extra glaze. Place the coated strips in the foil-lined pan, cover with aluminum foil, and cook for 20 minutes on the center rack of the oven. 
4. Remove the foil cover and pour the remaining glaze on top of the chicken. Continue to roast for another 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. 
5. Serve. Pictured here with green beans and an organic tossed salad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment