Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7-Balsamic Crockpot Chicken

This crockpot dish was full of flavor and easy to make. My finished product however looked nothing like the photo that accompanies the original recipe on Youbeauty.com (original recipe submitted by Stephanie O'Dea). Comparing the two photos, you'd think we made two completely different dishes. It could have been because I let mine cook for a little longer than recommended since I was at work all day. I like my veggies very well done, so it worked out perfectly. 

Oh well...I think I captured the taste and my husband and I enjoyed eating it!


Balsamic Crockpot Chicken
1.5lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 zucchinis, sliced into bite sized pieces
2 yellow squash, sliced into bite sized pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 head garlic, peeled (whole cloves)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper

Place chicken in a 6-quart slow cooker. In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped veggies, garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Pour mixture on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Serve with rice or quinoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment