Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
Helping health-conscious cooks sneak veggies into a meal, by hiding them behind the word "pizza".
Delicious, healthy, easy. Enjoy!
Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats
1 tbsp olive oil
1lb ground turkey
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Cut each zucchini in half, horizontally. Use a spoon to scrape out the center of the zucchini, leaving about 1/2 inch on the skin. You will not need the center for this recipe, but you may want to set it aside and keep it for another use.
3. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add turkey, oregano, basil, ant and pepper. Cook until turkey is browned. Drain any excess fat. Stir in marinara sauce until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Scoop turkey mixture into each zucchini. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, about 12 minutes.