Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 22- Hummus

I'll admit it. I am a hummus snob.

When we were college students, my husband and I each had the opportunity to travel abroad and taste delicious, authentic, made-with-love hummus. Store bought hummus just hasn't been the same ever since. We were thrilled when I found this recipe.

Authentic, easy, delicious hummus, created with ingredients purchased at the local middle eastern market.

Hummus
1 16oz can chickpeas
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
3-5 tbsp lemon juice (vary for taste)
1 1/2 tbsp tahini
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil

Drain chickpeas, saving some liquid. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend/pulse on low until smooth. Serve in a bowl, topped with a sprinkle of paprika, additional olive oil, and parsley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment