Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 3- DIY French Fries

When I asked my brother what he wanted for his birthday he said, "One of your turkey burgers...Oh and ice cream." (He's pretty easy to please.) As I was getting dinner ready I realized that I didn't really have any suitable sides for our main dish. Vegetables seemed out of place and chips seemed too plain. I scoured through my cupboards and found half a giant bag of potatoes that I had bought for Thanksgiving. What else could be a better match for burgers than French fries? 

I chopped up a few potatoes, tossed them in some olive oil and garlic salt, and baked them in the oven. They were a hit with everyone! 
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside...my husband even compared them to In-n-out Burger. 

(Best. Compliment. Ever.)

DIY French Fries
5-6 potatoes, cut into thin strips
3 tbsp olive oil
garlic salt
Preheat oven to 425. Toss all ingredients and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until fries are crispy. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment