Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9-Creamy Chicken Florentine

I've discovered that I like dinner the best when it's colorful. As a bit of a health nut, I'm a fan of lots of fresh produce and quality ingredients. This recipe immediately caught my attention because of the bright red and green veggie confetti, mixed throughout the noodles (Which were actually whole-grain white by the way. I'm sneaky, I know.)

It wasn't my favorite dish, but it was quick, simple, and we enjoyed it. If you like your pasta creamier, you may want to add more creme or less noodles.  I used a whole box of pasta to make the recipe go a little further, so that may have affected the outcome a little. Chris likes it creamy, I like it less...just a matter of preference. (But for him, I'd gladly add more cream. Aww)
 Creamy Chicken Florentine
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in bite-size pcs
1 red pepper, cut into strips and halved
1 pkg baby spinach
1 tub 10oz Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 cups hot cooked pasta 

Cook chicken and peppers in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is done. Add spinach; Cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until wilted. Drain all but 1 Tbsp liquid. Add cooking creme; Cook and stir 3 min. Stir in pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment