Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tasty Travels

Hello Blogosphere, it's your old friend Kristin! Remember me?
I know it seems like I've abandoned you and I am incredibly sorry. I promise I had a good reason.
(A really good reason...Exciting news to come in my next post!)

Part of my absence was due to job-related travel, which whisks me away each autumn on a series of travel adventures. Although I miss the kitchen at times like these, I sure do enjoy the opportunities it provides to discover tasty eating establishments across the country.

Last year I documented my Top Travel Meals of 2012. I now bring you, the delicious discoveries of 2013.

3. Which Wich
http://www.whichwich.com  
Multiple locations
 Remember when Mom used to send you to school with a made-with-love turkey sammie in a brown paper bag? This place brings you back to those carefree days, except you call the shots. This build-your-own sandwich shop was my favorite lunch shop when I was on the road. When you enter the restaurant, you grab a paper bag and select the meats, toppings, breads, etc. that you want. Next, you hand the bag to the wonderful sandwich-creators and they build your hoagie (with love) right before your eyes. I've been craving this place ever since I got home. Delish.

2. Justin's Organic Peanut Butter Cups
http://www.justins.com 
This is definitely not a meal, but it was my favorite late-night snack on the road. It was included in a thank-you basket that I received at a meeting and I found it at the bottom of my purse one evening, just a chocolate craving struck. It was so incredible that I couldn't resist sharing.

3. Beaujo's Pizza
Denver, CO
http://www.beaujos.com
 
This place focusses on deep-dish pizza, but I was delighted by the wonderful alternative options that this little gem offers! I met up with an old family friend one afternoon while in Denver, and she suggested that we meet at Beaujo's. I was thrilled to see both gluten-free and dairy-free options on the menu! I built my own pizza with gluten-free crust and dairy-free cheese, topped with grilled chicken and spinach. It was delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment