I love Christmas traditions. As a newlywed couple, we are all about starting our own family traditions and making Christmas memories together. For our second married Christmas, I decided to surprise my husband with breakfast.
Although breakfast turned out splendidly, the surprise part didn't pan out so well. I'm bad at surprises and he is too smart to fool.
Regardless, memories were made this morning as we dined on breakfast burritos, hashed browns, pumpkin spice coffee, and mini cinnamuffins.
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
1 cup white sugar or Splenda (divided)
1/2 cup margarine, melted (divided)
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I didn't have nutmeg, so I substituted pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease cupcake pan.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg/pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, flour, and baking power. Mix thoroughly.
3. Divide the mixture into the cupcake pan and bake 15-20 minutes, until muffins are golden.
4. Meanwhile, mix 1/4 cup melted margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1tsp cinnamon in a bowl.
5. Remove muffins from pan and roll in the cinnamon-sugar butter. For a festive touch, top with a few Christmas sprinkles. Allow muffins to cool and serve.
(Why yes, that is Justin Bieber wrapping paper. Thanks for asking.)