Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11-Chicken Crescent Rolls

These were my favorite as a kid. Whenever my mom would ask what I wanted for dinner that week, I'd  almost always suggest Chicken Crescent Rolls. The other night I was talking to my husband about these and he said he had never had them before. 

Shock. "What?  We've been together for five years and you never had my mom's Chicken Crescent Rolls? How could we have let this happen?"

Despite my love for these toasty treats, I somehow managed to leave my parent's house without the recipe. Cue more shock. "What? How could I have let this happen?"

I quickly got the recipe from my mom. They turned out exactly how I remembered.


Chicken Crescent Rolls
1/3 cup bread crumbs
4 oz cream cheese (w/chives-optional), softened 
2 tbsp margarine, softened
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup cooked chicken
1 2oz can drained mushroom stems and pieces (optional)
1 8oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
2-3 tbsp melted margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup

1. Set aside crushed croutons. In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 2 Tbsp margarine, lemon juice and pepper, mix well. Stir in chicken and mushrooms, set aside.
2. Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Spread each with about ¼ cup chicken mixture, roll up, starting at the small side of the triangle, rolling to opposite point. Tuck in sides and point under to seal completely. 

3. Dip rolls in melted margarine: coat with bread crumbs. 
4. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. 
5. Serve with prepared cream of chicken soup as gravy.




No comments:

Post a Comment