Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 14- Pan-Grilled Pork Chops w/Grilled Pineapple Salsa

This may be a repeat (see original post from last June), but it is definitely a recipe worth repeating! As the saying goes, practice makes perfect. I enjoyed this recipe the first time I made it, but it seemed so much better this time around! I think it goes to show that a lot can change in a year- I think I've finally perfected the perfect pan-grilled chop. Thinly sliced, perfectly cooked, yummo.
Pan-Grilled Pork Chops w/Grilled Pineapple Salsa II
6 3oz boneless center cut loin pork chops
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp lime juice, divided (I just cut a lime into two halves)
4 1/2in thick pineapple slices
1 medium red onion, cut into small pieces
1 jalapeño pepper, minced (seed jalapeño for a milder salsa)
3/8 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp ground black petter

1. Combine pork with 1 tbsp lime juice. I just squeezed the lime over the pork. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Chop pineapple and onion into small pieces and sauté about 4-6 minutes on medium-high, or until onion is tender. 
3. Combine pineapple and onion with jalapeño, 1/8 tsp salt, and remaining lime juice. 
4. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and pepper over pork. Cook 4 minutes each side or until done. My pork pieces were much thicker than the suggested 1/2 in, so it took longer to cook. 
5. Top pork with salsa and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment