Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11-Pan-Grilled Pork Chops w/Grilled Pineapple Salsa

Tonight we brought a taste of the tropics into our home. (I've been craving a vacation, so I guess you could call that my inspiration.) This fresh, summer time dish was a hit with both my husband and myself. I'd never prepared pork before, so I was a little unsure what to expect, but I was extremely pleased with how it turned out. The salsa was my favorite part and definitely complimented the dish. It was much more filling than I expected, and we probably have about two or three servings leftover for later.

Served with baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli.

Pan-Grilled Pork Chops w/Grilled Pineapple Salsa

4 4oz boneless center cut loin pork chops (I purchased about 2lbs, so it was about double)
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp lime juice, divided (I just cut a lime into two halves)
4 1/2in thick pineapple slices
1 medium red onion, cut into small pieces
1 tsp minced jalapeño pepper (seed jalapeño for a milder salsa)
3/8 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp ground black petter

1. Combine pork with 1 tbsp lime juice. I just squeezed the lime over the pork. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Chop pineapple and onion into small pieces and sauté about 4-6 minutes on medium-high, or until onion is tender. 
3. Combine pineapple and onion with jalapeño, 1/8 tsp salt, and remaining lime juice. 
4. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and pepper over pork. Cook 4 minutes each side or until done. My pork pieces were much thicker than the suggested 1/2 in, so it took longer to cook. 
5. Top pork with salsa and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment