What really won me over were the potatoes. The recipe for Buttery Baby White Potatoes was on the side of the potato bag and I decided to give it a try. Mmm mmm warm, indulgent goodness!
Pork Chops with Peppers and Onions
4 boneless pork loin chops, trimmed (about 4oz each)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1 bunch green onions, green tops cut on diagonal into 3-inch pieces, white bottoms thinly sliced crosswise
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 garlic clove, crushed with garlic press
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add pork chops and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until lightly browned on outside, about 8 minutes. Transfer chops to a plate and keep warm.
2. Add oil and green onion tops to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer green onion tops to a small bowl.
3. In the same skillet, add red peppers and green onion bottoms and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in broth and half of green onion tops; Heat through.
4. To serve, transfer pepper mixture to a platter. Top with chops and remaining green onion tops.
Buttery Baby White Potatoes
1.5 lb baby white potatoes
6 tbsp butter
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/4 cup minced shallot
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Place unpeeled baby potatoes in a large pot. Cover with cold water, add salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently boil until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the shallot and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Drain the potatoes and return them to the warm pot. Immediately add the shallot mixture, butter, and parsley. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.