1. It was quick, easy, and yummy. By now you probably know that these are my three favorite words in the kitchen.
2. Both of us thought it was downright delicious. My husband and I have pretty different taste-preferences, so any recipe that we both love is an instant addition to the recipe repertoire.
"Mmm...This is like $50 at Olive Garden." Whenever my hubby makes a price comparison to one of his favorite restaurants, I know he loves it.
Skillet Chicken Parmesan w/Pasta
1.5 lb chicken breasts cut into tenders or small breasts
salt and pepper
Italian seasonings (I use oregano, garlic, thyme, and parsley)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
10 oz spaghetti (I use half whole wheat and half regular)
1 jar marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to broil or its highest temperature.
2. Cook pasta as directed. Drain when done.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Sprinkle breadcrumbs onto both sides of the chicken and press them down to help them stick. Saute the chicken until both sides are browned and the chicken is just cooked through.
4. Stir about two-thirds of the marina sauce into the pasta. Combine to coat. Pour pasta into a large baking dish. Place cooked chicken on top of the bed of pasta. Spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the chicken. Top the chicken with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Bake about 4-6 minutes until cheese is bubbly.