Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 14-Chicken Primavera with Pasta

I've talked to a few soon-to-be-brides recently and it seems like our generation somehow missed out on the culinary practice that our predecessors had as children. When one gal told me that she enjoyed reading my blog and aspired to be more kitchen-savvy like me, I was flattered and completed surprised. I am a rookie when it comes to the kitchen. For all you novices like myself, I encourage you to just dive right in! 

In honor of the nervous soon-to-be chefs I've talked to in the past few months, I thought I'd post the first recipe I ever cooked for my now-husband. (He married me after tasting this, so I'd say it was a successful place to start!)

No one said your recipes have to be original (Although I dare you to try something original once you're comfortable!).  I'm a huge fan of printed recipes on the sides of grocery store products. You'd be amazed at the simple and delicious recipes that you can find on the sides of soup cans, tomato sauce, rice, and bottles of steak sauce. 

I can't take any credit-I jotted this down from the side of a Philadelphia Cooking Cream container in the grocery store. This recipe is convenience cooking at its finest and the simplest place to start for the culinary newbie All you really need to know is how to boil noodles and combine ingredients.
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables 
1 10oz tub Philadelphia Italian Herb and Cheese Cooking Cream
2 cups hot cooked pasta (The original calls for fettuccine; I opted for whole-wheat spirals)

Cook chicken in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat about 5-6 minutes, or until done. Add vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes. Add cooking cream and stir. Cook additional 3 minutes. Stir in pasta. Serve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment