I can almost taste autumn. Football season, pumpkin spice lattes, crockpot chili...Oh yummy.
Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking
1 16oz can black beans
1 16oz can kidney beans
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, minced or one small can of diced jalapeños
1 green bell pepper, chopped
10 oz package frozen corn
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Combine all ingredients (except chicken breasts) in a slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
2. Place chicken breasts on top and cover.
3. Cook low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Return chicken to pot and stir. Allow chili to cook for additional 30 minutes.
5. Serve with cilantro topping, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream.