Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6- PB Banana Oatmeal Cookies w/Dark Chocolate Drizzle

This recipe was inspired by two major events:
1.) The brown bananas on the counter needed to be eaten two days ago.
2. ) I'm providing treats for an event tomorrow night and was in the mood to bake cookies.

Needing inspiration I did what any 21st century homemaker would do. 
Google. 

I searched for "easy banana cookies" and found this original recipe by Wendy-Bob for banana oatmeal cookies. It seemed simple enough and I already had all of the ingredients on hand so I decided to give it a whirl. I tweaked a few things as I went (including the dark chocolate drizzle...MMMM), so my recipe ended up looking different. The original recipe was a good template to help guide me make my own. The cookies turned out pretty good, but probably aren't my best work. 
Next time I think I'll add more sugar/Splenda.


PB Banana Oatmeal Cookies w/Dark Chocolate Dollops
2 ripe bananas
2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1 tbsp brown sugar (I recommend 2 tbsp of any type of sugar/sweetener. Mine could've been sweeter.)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
4-5 dark chocolate pieces, such as Dove or Hershey's Bliss

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mash the bananas. Mix with oats, milk, egg, sugar, vanilla, and peanut butter. 

3. Spoon the cookie mix onto a greased cookie sheet to make about 24 small cookies (Size can be adjusted according to preference. I simply wanted the recipe to go further.)
   4. Bake 10-15 minutes.
5. While cookies are baking, melt dark chocolate and stir. Once cookies have been removed from the oven, spread a small amount of chocolate over each cookie. 
6. Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment