First time making beef stroganoff and it turned out great! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of beef but I did enjoy it and my carnivorous husband said it was delicious.
The sauce has a great flavor.
(My meal was basically sauce and mushrooms over noodles, but it was pretty tasty that way!)
1 8oz carton sour cream (can use reduced fat or light if desired)
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2lb boneless steak, cut into 2-inch strips or chunks
1 tbsp butter
1/2 chopped onion
1 14oz beef broth
1 cup sliced mushrooms (canned or fresh)
8 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Combine the first 3 ingredients and set aside.
2. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a ziplock bag. Add beef, seal bag, and shake well to coat.
3. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and saute 2 minutes or until tender. Add beef mixture and saute 3 minutes or until beef is browned. Gradually add broth. Add mushrooms. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in cream mixture. Cook, uncovered 1 minute or until heated through. Be careful not to let the mixture boil, to maintain consistency and prevent curdling.
5. Serve over cooked egg noodles.