I found a recipe for crockpot lasagna soup and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure what size crockpot this recipe was meant for, but mine did not cut it. As I continued to add veggies to the pot, I quickly realized that the other ingredients were not going to fit.
I decided to improvise in a few areas, learned a few lessons along the way, and ended up with a pretty tasty meal in the end. My husband and I both enjoyed this.
(Recipe includes my improvisations)
- 1.25 lb package of Jenny O ground turkey
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 fresh summer squash, diced
- 2 fresh zucchini, diced
- 1 bag frozen bell peppers, drained
- 1 TB dried parsley
- 1 TB dried basil
- 1, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1, 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup V8
- 12 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste elbows
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 gsp salt
1. Mix tomato paste and tomatoes in crockpot.
2. Add broth, vegetables, seasonings, and V8. Brown turkey and add to the pot.
3. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
4. In a large soup pot, cook noodles as directed.
5. Drain noodles and add crockpot contents. Combine and heat through.