Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9- Lasagna Soup

I found a recipe for crockpot lasagna soup and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure what size crockpot this recipe was meant for, but mine did not cut it. As I continued to add veggies to the pot, I quickly realized that the other ingredients were not going to fit. 

 I decided to improvise in a few areas, learned a few lessons along the way, and ended up with a pretty tasty meal in the end. My husband and I both enjoyed this.



Lasagna Soup 
(Recipe includes my improvisations)


    1.25 lb  package of Jenny O ground turkey
    3 cups of beef broth
    1 cup of water
    4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
    2 fresh summer squash, diced
    2 fresh zucchini, diced
    1 bag frozen bell peppers, drained
    1 TB dried parsley
    1 TB dried basil
    1, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
    1, 6oz can of tomato paste
    1 cup V8 
    12 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste elbows
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 gsp salt

1. Mix tomato paste and tomatoes in crockpot. 
2. Add broth, vegetables, seasonings, and V8. Brown turkey and add to the pot.
3. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
4. In a large soup pot, cook noodles as directed.
5. Drain noodles and add crockpot contents. Combine and heat through.


No comments:

Post a Comment