Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20- Shrimp and Pineapple Stir-Fry


My husband and I are big fans of Asian cuisine. I joke that I should've been born in Thailand, Japan, or China, because no one there would consider me a picky eater. Earlier this month my husband and I went out to dinner at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants and ordered kung pao shrimp. It was so delicious and made me wonder why I don't cook with shrimp more. I was inspired to whip up this shrimp stir-fry recipe that I had been wanting to try, compliments of my cookbook by GoodHousekeeping. 

Shrimp and Pineapple Stir-fry
2 tsp vegetable or olive oil
1 bag (16oz) mixed cut stir-fry vegetables (snap peas, carrots, broccoli, peppers, etc)
1/3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce (I improvised with soy sauce and a little bit of ginger and red pepper)
2 tsp cornstarch
1 lb frozen shelled and deveined shrimp
1 can (8oz) pineapple chunks in juice

1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add vegetables and cook, stirring frequently, until evenly coated with oil. Cover skillet and cook until vegetables are tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes.

2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and stir-fry sauce until smooth. Add shrimp, pineapple and its juice, and sauce mixture to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until shrimp are cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.

3. Serve over rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment