Friday, August 24, 2012

August 24- Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I love chicken salad sandwiches but, considering the high-fat high-calorie ingredients, most health-conscious foodies consider them a splurge. Tonight I whipped up a tasty, high-protein health-ified version of this classic favorite. Served on a whole wheat English muffin, alongside fresh bing cherries.


Apple Chicken Salad
(I improvised as I went and didn't use measurements...I apologize if it's a little vague. 
Trust yourself and just add what looks right.)
Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 small container plain Greek yogurt
1 small Granny Smith apple
1 large stalk celery, chopped
4 small fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
salt and pepper
a dash of onion powder

Toss ingredients and serve on a roll, toast, crackers, or over spinach. 

(It makes several servings, but you could eat the entire bowl 
for 375 calories. How's that for lightening up?)

No comments:

Post a Comment