Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30- Slow-Cooker Italian Chicken & Potatoes

Whoever invented the slow-cooker deserves a giant slice of gourmet cheesecake and an exuberant thank you. Kudos to you, whoever you are. Thank you for making life a little easier.

My slow-cooker hasn't had much use since the winter months, so I set out to find a recipe that was versatile enough to fit any season. I came across this recipe for Italian Chicken & Potatoes and decided to give it a shot. It was really easy to make and we both thought that it was tasty. I considered adding more seasoning next time, but my husband assured me that he thought it tasted great as it is. Why mess with deliciousness?

Slow-Cooker Italian Chicken & Potatoes
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I mixed oregano, crushed red pepper, and garlic)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
4-6 medium potatoes, cut into thick wedges
Baby carrots (Optional)

1. Spray slow-cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken at the bottom of the pot.
2. Sprinkle with half of the dressing, half of the seasoning, and half of the cheese.
3. Place potatoes and carrots on top. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment