Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14- Banana Mocha Oatmeal

Despite the plethora of dinner recipes on this blog, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
I love breakfast. I mean really, truly love it. 

If I had to choose between two scenarios: 
A. Sleep in an extra 30 minutes in my cozy bed...
OR 
B. Spend that 30 minutes enjoying a delicious breakfast while catching up on the news...
 I'd pick B. Hands down. 

Old-fashioned oatmeal is my breakfast of choice. It's warm, filling, healthy, and you can dress it up however you like. Below is one of my favorite, filling, post-workout friendly oatmeal combos. Enjoy!
Banana Mocha Oatmeal
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/4 large banana, mashed
1 spoon instant coffee
cocoa-roast almonds, crushed (amount as desired)

1. Mix oats, protein powder, and instant coffee in a bowl. Add 1-1.5 cups water, depending on desired consistency.
2. Microwave oatmeal as directed.
3. When 30 seconds cooking time remains, remove oatmeal from microwave and add mashed banana and almonds. Mix thoroughly.
4. Continue cooking additional 30 seconds.
5. Enjoy and be filled with goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment