Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18-Savory Turkey Burgers

Today I decided to stray from the prepackaged variety and make my own turkey burgers. I'm glad I decided to be bold because these came out moist and delicious! My brother came over for dinner, complimented their taste, and finished three on his own. I'm never going back to frozen patties (Sorry, Jennie O!)

Savory Turkey Burgers
(Measurements based on estimations. Add as much or as little as you like for taste, texture, etc. I improvised as I went along.)
1.5 lb ground turkey
2-3 tbsp bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp dried onion
2 egg whites
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Separate into approx. 8 patties. Grill until cooked through (About 8-10 minutes on the George Foreman).

No comments:

Post a Comment