Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27-Auntie Millie's Chicken Noodle Soup

I can't take any credit for this recipe, other than the fact that I helped eat it. I willingly give up all credit to family, and to my wonderful husband who knew that this was exactly what I needed to come home to on a rainy Monday.

My husband knew that I wasn't feeling very well this morning. While I was at work, he called our Auntie Millie to get the the recipe for this bowl-of-comfort. (Thank you Auntie Millie and my dear husband Chris for taking care of me!)
Auntie Millie's Chicken Noodle Soup
1 package egg noodles
Chicken breasts or pieces (about 6 small breasts)
2-3 large carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
Potatoes, chopped
3 cloves potatoes, chopped
Chicken bolion to taste (about 2-3 tbsp)

1.) Boil chicken in enough water to keep for broth. Cook noodles separately. 
2.) Once chicken is cooked through, remove from pot and shred.
3.) Return chicken to water and add chopped vegetables and bolion. Cook 10-15 minutes.
4.) Add noodles to pot, combine with ingredients, and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment