Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1- Cherry Berry Summer Smoothie

Once June rolls around, I finally feel like I can celebrate the arrival of summer. Nothing says summer like a light, refreshing fruit smoothie.

My dad got me hooked on smoothies when I was about five or so. When my mom would work late, I used to beg him to make chocolate-banana frappes and perform a puppet show (Who could resist those little puppy dog eyes?). Ever since I was old enough to operate a blender, I started to experiment with different frappe combinations. Every blend seems to turn out different...It's always a surprise.

Tonight I was inspired by blazing heat and produce sales. What a delicious and refreshing way to welcome the month of June.
Cherry Berry Summer Smoothie
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
4 strawberries
8 fresh cherries, pitted
5-6 ice cubes
1 tsp vanilla

Blend, pour, enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment