1. Following a recipe from an iPhone is difficult. Print it out.
2. It's okay to make a mess sometimes (I was a splattering mess tonight!)
3. Couscous is delicious.
It was a nice meal to try for a change, but we both came to the conclusion that it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. We liked it, but neither of us loved it.
(Original recipe by Family Circle.
Recipe seen below is my version based on preferences and what ingredients we had in the kitchen)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 large onion, thinly sliced
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 cups chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
8oz shredded carrot
1 cup couscous
1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion 3 minutes. Remove.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in skillet.
3. When chicken is cooked through, add broth, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Add carrots and simmer another 3 minutes.
4. Stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.